Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

A New Beginning

For some time be I've been planning on getting into other games, and unfortunately without any nearby shops that supply it and my attention span when I'm actually on the internet, I've never actually got round to getting any :/  
But with a model shop semi local to me opening and not supplying any GW at all and intending on supplying other games I think it's time I actually try :D

So this comes down to my plan:
I'd ideally love to start a few of the following games: 
-Warmachine/Hordes
-Malifaux
-Infinity
-Flames of war
-Super Dungeon Explore

As I already have a small Flames German force and a medium size retribution force for warmachine which I obtained through some trades some time ago, I'll probably start with them 2

I'll try and read up on the rules, where to start and what to start with, get them painted up and try and get some starter games on the go, I've got some friends which have both games

After that I'll slowly add onto them and look at getting models for the other games apart from SDE, my dad managed to kickstart it, so that's a present when it arrives

Infinity and malifaux are high in my list to get as I always loved small skirmish games, they both remind me so much of necromunda and mordheim respectively, so as Ill slowly buy and paint models as I get them, (if I don't, none of them will ever get painted) I'll try and make some scenery aswell for them as I've been told both require a bit of scenery 

The first game I'm going to be trying is warmachine, as it's just boomed in interest at my local club again, and I've got a very good starting point for retribution all the way up to 30-40pts
So now all I need to do is select a nice paint scheme, I'm thinking of really spending my time when it come to them, as the force/armies appear to be small and it will be nice to actually look at on a table, I'm also thinking of doing some scenery for it, but not really sure on what, I'm going to do woodland, but buildings? Woodland or steampunk-ish but hey more talk of that later, this is just my plans :)

As for flames of war and the German, me and my dad got some models from the latest open fire box and got a few extra tanks with the intention of painting it up and playing, but when we tried, we discovered you need quite a bit of scenery and ours was all out of scale, so it kind of put a hold on that, I have been slowly buying some Hornby 1:76 scale WW2 era building which they produce, it's a little out of scale but they don't look too bad, so all we need to do now is make some fences, and some fields and kickstart our fire for fighting war across Europe.

So that's the plan so far, hopefully I can keep to it, my next post should hopefully be about one of the 2 armies I've got, the initial plans and where I'm at with it, thanks for taking the time to read this massive essay and hopefully I'll see you next time

Cheers
Dave





No comments:

Post a Comment